At present, we do not have a parent group running and all fundraising is being managed by staff and pupil. If you are interested in starting a PTA and/or becoming a volunteer for the Friends of SJR please get in touch with the school.
Here are just some examples of what has been previously contributed to the school:
- Play equipment for both the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds as well as the Early Years outdoor areas.
- A wide range of books (both fiction and non-fiction) for class librarys to raise the profile of Reading for Pleasure
- Purchasing of brand new sports kits so that our sports teams are well-turned out at inter-school events.
- Graduation gowns for Year 6 leavers.
- Annual professional school pantomime for all pupils.
The PTA/Friends of St John Rigby is instrumental in bringing families together for many memorable community events. These include:
- Summer Fair
- Christmas Fair
- Children’s Easter Raffle
- Biannual Discos for all pupils
- Leavers Graduation and Disco
- PTA Children’s Fun Run
If you regularly shop online, why not sign up to “easyfundraising” by clicking here. By doing this, the school will benefit from a donation, every time you shop online.