At St John Rigby Catholic Primary School, the happiness, safety and well-being of every child is our paramount concern. We are fully committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children, and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment is a set of practices to help make sure our staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children and young people. It's a vital part of creating a safe and positive environment and making a commitment to keep children safe from harm.
Our Safer Recruitment statement and procedures set out our commitment to recruiting staff and volunteers who are suitable to work with children and should be read in conjunction with our OLICAT Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy.
We are committed to:
- safeguarding and protecting all children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices
- identifying and rejecting applicants who are unsuitable to work with children and young people
- responding to concerns about the suitability of applicants during the recruitment process
- responding to concerns about the suitability of employees and volunteers once they have begun their role
- ensuring all new staff and volunteers participate in an induction which includes child protection